Judges are hand-selected volunteers from key media, supplier and retail member sources. The judging process is a critical step, and procedures and guidelines are put in place to ensure that products are evaluated fairly. Learn more about the process below.
If you are interested in participating as a member of the jury, please contact us at email@example.com.
- The Grand Prix Jury convenes in Montreal at the ITHQ in February to test food products and review non-food products that were tested at home in advance
- All food and non-food products are rated in four categories based on the submitted samples and the information provided in the submission form
- The Jury members are asked to rate each category out of 25 points and provide specific feedback both constructive and complementary for every product.
- Participants have the unique benefit of receiving back comments to review successes and opportunities in product development and marketing.
- Products that receive a rating of 70% or more qualify as a finalist; winners in each category for CPG and Private Label as well as the four specialty awards are announced at The Canadian Grand Prix New Product Awards Gala in May.
The four equally weighted categories for evaluation are:
- Innovation and Originality
- Product Characteristics
- Presentation and Packaging
- Overall Consumer Value